We provide medical visits with a board certified doctor or mid-level provider at minimal cost to the patient and the community. This care provides diagnoses and treatment plans which improve the health of the most vulnerable people living and working in the community.
We provide a variety of medical services that are geared toward improving patients’ health and quality of life. These services include:
Primary Care and Preventative Care
- Access to healthcare for acute illnesses and injuries, chronic disease management and preventative care services.
- Through partnership with Krist Samaritan Counseling Center, the clinic makes available onsite mental health counseling services.
- No cost medications are available through Americares, Direct Relief and physician donated samples.
- Christ Clinic houses a Medication Assistance Program (MAP) coordinator who assists patients with applying for various Prescription Assistance Programs.
- Low cost medications are offered through the $4 and $10 drug list.
- Patients are educated through one-on-one coaching with Christ Clinic providers, nurses, and volunteers to better manage chronic health concerns. Ongoing, free volunteer run patient education classes are offered for Diabetes, Hypertension, Nutrition, Smoking Cessation and Symbolic Living.
- We provide access to same-day lab testing, allowing for precise, accurate, and comprehensive medical care.Tests include cholesterol profiles, liver and kidney function testing, electrolyte measurements, prostate specific antigen (PSA) for men, testosterone levels, Thyroid panels, Pap smears, mammograms, colon cancer screenings, Hepatitis C screenings, sexually transmitted infections, pregnancy testing and more.
- This therapy addresses illnesses and injuries that limit a patient’s ability to perform functional activities.
- Patient referrals from Houston Methodist receive on-going wound care.
- Case management services are offered to the clinic’s most complex patients and serves to increase patients’ health literacy and understanding of chronic and mental health conditions and to navigate patients through both the health and social service sectors.