Unlike many federally funded clinics, Christ Clinic operates with no state or federal funding. To get a better understanding of the difference between federally funded clinics and charitable clinics like Christ Clinic CLICK HERE
The 6th Annual Breakfast for a Blessing
will be held September 22, 2017 at the
Omni Houston Hotel Westside from
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
This event will help raise money to provide quality healthcare and health services to thousands who fall through the gaps of medical care and who are uninsured.
One out of every four individuals in our area have no form of health insurance. This includes many of our neighbors, family members and friends. We would like to share how lives are being changed:
Steven lost his job in October and along with this job loss, he and his family lost their health insurance. A month later he ended up in the emergency room due to severe back pain. Steven was hospitalized for an infection in the bones of his back and was treated with IV antibiotics, but the treatment was unsuccessful.
Through our partnership with the hospital, Steven's follow up appointment at Christ Clinic was scheduled for the same week with a volunteer medical doctor. Once a patient at Christ Clinic, Steven was prescribed a high does of antibiotics and seen weekly by a doctor. Four months later, Steven's infection was resolved and his pain completely gone. At his last appointment, Steven shared, "Thank you for all the help and care provided at Christ Clinic. Today is my last day as a patient here. I have a new job with health insurance."
"Christ Clinic extends the healing ministry of God by offering high quality healthcare and health related
services to those who are uninsured or under-insured. We serve those in need with love, compassion,
respect and dignity by utilizing a team of caring volunteers and staff."
- In 2000, Christ Clinic launches as a ministry of Memorial Lutheran Church in Katy, TX and operated one night per week out of the church's gymnasium.
- In 2006, Christ Clinic relocates and opens three days a week at 5504 First Street, Katy, Texas 77493 in Old Katy.
- In 2011 Due to growth, Christ Clinic and Memorial Lutheran Church begin a separation process.
- In 2012, Christ Clinic becomes an independent 501(c)(3) with an independent board of directors, executive director and by-laws.
- In 2015, Christ Clinic's hours of operation increase to 46 hours per week.
- In 2016, due to continued growth, Christ Clinic relocates to 25722 Kingsland Blvd., Suite 111, Katy, Texas 77494 and expands from four to 10 exam rooms